Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Artichoke

Growing up in California, I loved artichokes for as long as I can remember... Here is my way of preparing the arti, and the dipping sauce.

Artichoke

1 Artichoke (the bigger, and tighter the leaves - THE BETTER)
2 dashes of salt
2 tbs. of Mayo with Olive Oil
1 tbs. of lemon juice

Turn stove to medium heat. Fill up a small pot with about an inch/inch and a half of water, add salt, and bring to slow boil.

Slice the end off the artichoke, so that there is a little bit of stem left for the artichoke to balance in the boiling water, but make sure it can still sit flat. Cover with lid, and allow to steam for 45-60 minutes. Artichoke will be ready when test leaf is easy to remove (with tongs).
Before serving, mix mayo and lemon juice in small bowl. My bestie, Shelley uses melted butter instead of the mayo dip.


Any sauce suggestions? Please let me know, by leaving a comment below!

1 comment: